- Passenger names
- Air travel segments
- Telephone numbers from origin and for destination
- Emergency contact for all our flights (PCTC)
- Passenger identification (FOID and/or DOCS)
- Check considerations
- Time limit for issuance according to fare
- Frequent Flyer information
- Enter the name (s) and last name (s) of the passenger as they appear on the travel document.In case the distribution system issues the ticket with the name and/or last name incomplete (by ticket parameters), the airlines will honor the information that appears on the reservation, therefore, this must coincide with the travel document.
- In the case of minors, type of passenger must be selected mandatorily: CHD (2 to 12-year olds minus a day) or INF (0 to 2 years old minus a day). SSR CHLD anda SSR INFT must be added to any reservation that has these type of passenger.
- Title of courtesy should not be used. Exceptionally, passengers with only a first or surname, the reservation must be made according to the IATA standard; name or surname/title of courtesy. Example: Name or Surname of the passenger is LEE: LEE/MR . In LATAM up to 29 characters in the ticket are displayed and in the PNR only up to 58 characters will be displayed.
- The booking can contain one way, round trip, open jaw and/or connecting or transfer segments depending on the route and fare. In addition the booking can have unknown arrivals (ARNK).
- Flight segments must not be separated as they are subject to fare restrictions.
- SSR CTCM (Special Service Request – Customer Contact Mobile Telephone)
- SSR CTCE (Special Service Request – Customer Contact E-mail)
- SSR CTCR (Special Service Request – Customer Contact Refused)
- The Time limit must be adjusted to the conditions for an advance purchase fare (ADVP) specified in the fare regulations.
- The booking will be automatically cancelled by LATAM if TL expires and the ticket has not been issued.
- The PCTC must be entered in the booking before the itinerary begins. It will be requested as a mandatory condition during check-in, but it is advisable to enter it when creating the reservation.
- Applies for domestic and international routes.
- This type of contact does not apply for effects of notification in the event of reprogramming or flight cancellations.
- FOID (Form of Identification) corresponds to the identification document that the passenger will use to travel.
- It must include the type of document, country where the document was issued and the document number.
- It must be entered for each passenger ADT and CHD of the reservation.
- The insertion of CPF as documentation for Brazilian passengers on domestic flights in Brazil becomes mandatory, therefore, for Brazilian passengers (regardless of their age), the CPF number must be entered as the main document when detailing the travel documentation in the SSR DOCS.
- For agencies with access to E- Latam: you must select the type of document "I - National Identity Document" and enter the 11 CPF numbers without special characters.y Document" and enter the 11 CPF numbers without special characters. For minor passengers who do not yet have a CPF and/or passengers of another nationality, an identity number and/or RG must be entered with a type “F” document, or for passport use “P”.
- For agencies with via GDS when entering the SSR DOCS: select the document type “I - National ID Card” and enter the 11 CPF numbers without any special characters. For minor passengers who do not yet have a CPF and / or passengers of another nationality, an identity number and / or RG must be entered with document type “F”, or for passport use “P”.
- For agencies NDC: it will be incorporated into the reservation creation flow soon.
- For travel to the US it is mandatory to have the SR DOCS at the time of ticketing.
- Corresponds to the documentation the passenger will use to enter the destination point.
- This information must be entered for every adult, CHD and INF passenger.
- It contains the following elements:Name and last name:
- Document number
- Country of issuance
- Date of birth
- Full name as it appears on the passengers travel document
- Date of birth
- Compensation number (SSR DOCO) where applicable.
- Passengers must be asked for their frequent flyer number when making the booking.
- In paid bookings it is important to enter the passenger`s frequent flyer number so their (miles) are validated automatically.
- The policy applies to reservations on 100% LATAM flights
- Only WL bookings in classes W and J in Premium Economy and Premium Business cabins are eligible
- Segments booked as WL are confirmed automatically once the class requested becomes available
- Not valid for group reservations
- Once the requested space is confirmed, the agency will receive confirmation via queue 18.
- Ticketing will only be possible after spaces have been confirmed (HK Status). Tickets will be issued on LATAM stock exclusively
- Ticketing must comply with all applicable fare regulations
- Spaces with WL Status will be automatically canceled if they have not been confirmed within 72 hours. before the flight. At the same time, they cannot be requested in windows smaller than the one mentioned.
- Please note that, due to system limitations, the confirmation of the WL will not occur if there is any involuntary schedule change in the PNR.
An individual reservation is the one containing a maximum of 9 passengers in the same record. Reservations of 10 or more passengers are considered group reservations. All passengers included in a record must have the same itinerary as well as the same booking class.
The elements LATAM requires on each booking are:
Seat reservation is only allowed for issued tickets. Once the tickets are issued, the Agent has to offer the seat assignment in case is allowed by fare rules. When reissuing a ticket the seat assignment should also be performed.
1.1 Name of the Passenger
1.2 Considerations for flight segments
MCT - Minimum Connecting Time
The minimum connection time is determined by the airport and the airline. Whenever a manual connection is made, it should be checked if the minimum required connection time is met.
The GDS informs when the reservation is finalized if it does not comply with the minimum connection time. The connections provided by the GDS are in accordance with what is allowed by airlines and airports
Manual connections or connections not allowed in separate tickets, will NOT be honored by airlines. Unlike the connections guaranteed by the systems that the airline must obligatorily be responsible for the passenger's accommodation.
1.3 Contact considerations
During the reservation and ticketing process, the Travel Agent must ask the customer proactively whether they want to share their contact information with the airline.
Their willingness to share their contact data or not must be explicitly written in the PNR. To indicate this in the PNR, enter the following text, as appropriate:
For details and examples on how to enter contact data in a reservation, click here.
Also, the issuing agent may wish to include the Travel Agency's name and contact data. If so, the agency will also receive a notification, although this will not replace the customer’s information.
Due to law 21.398, it is established that all sales channels, including travel agencies, are required to register the contacts of the passengers in the reservation, so that in this way the airline can inform in a timely manner in case of changes/cancellations. Failure to execute this obligation could lead to fines to the airline, so in those cases in which the contact has not been entered by the travel agency, LATAM must pass this cost on to the agency responsible for issuing the ticket. In case the passenger refuses to provide the contact, he must be registered in the reserve in case of claims and / or demands.
1.4 Considerations for Time limit (TL)
1.5 Considerations for emergency contacts (PCTC)
1.7 DOCS (Document Secure Flight)
For domestic and international travel from/via/to the US is mandatory:
1.8 Frequent passenger considerations
1.9 Waiting List
Starting October 25, 2023, agencies can create waiting lists (WLs) for certain spaces in the Premium Economy and Premium Business cabins (classes W and J) respectively.
When creating a WL, the agency must consider the following:
Segments on the Waiting List are automatically confirmed once spaces become available in the class requested. If the Waiting List is not confirmed or canceled, agencies must remove the unconfirmed segment from the GDS at least 24 hours before the flight departure.
The functionality will initially be available only for GDS reservations. We are working to bring it to NDC by LATAM in the future.
- Name of the Travel Agent
- Travel Agency telephone number
- Passenger´s information (name, flight segments)
Information on reservations may only be disclosed to Travel Agencies in the following cases:The Travel Agent must provide the record of the reservation to the LATAM Sales Support Agent, the data delivered by the Travel Agent must match the data in the reservation and with the responsibility that appears in it.Data to be checked is as follows:
LATAM will not provide information if the Travel Agent does not have the reservation code or if the data delivered does not match the information entered in the reservation.
- The reservation has not been issued
- No air segment in the reservation has been flown
- The reservation does not include OPEN segments exclusively;
- No claim has been previously entered by another agency;
- NO non-air segments are involved.
It is a product to which the Travel Agencies with Sabre System have access, which allows transferring the responsibility of the reservation made in LATAM to the distribution system that claims the reservation for itself.Claims may only be completed by agencies authorized by LATAM to access the system, provided that they meet the following conditions:
Once the system has transferred the record, an OSI with the information is displayed and the receiving agency becomes entirely responsible for managing the reservation, which ceases to be controlled by the airline.
It is a product to which the Travel Agencies with Sabre System have access, which allows transferring the responsibility of the reservation made in LATAM to the distribution system that claims the reservation for itself.Claims may only be completed by agencies authorized by LATAM to access the system, provided that they meet the following conditions:The reservation has not been issuedNo air segment in the reservation has been flownThe reservation does not include OPEN segments exclusively;No claim has been previously entered by another agency;NO non-air segments are involved.Once the system has transferred the record, an OSI with the information is displayed and the receiving agency becomes entirely responsible for managing the reservation, which ceases to be controlled by the airline.
- Protection for changes where LATAM is responsible: In this particular scenario it is quite recurrent that married segments be separated for these bookings.
- KMS or points UPG LATAM Pass (miles/points) bookings: on one of the original legs.
When making a booking, issuing or modifying an itinerary, the operator must always verify if the segments in an itinerary are married segments as they cannot be separated.
When making changes to conjoint segments (associated or married segments) the system will display the following message: PARTIAL CXL OF MARRIED SEGS NOT ALLOWED.
The only cases where Married Segments can be separated is on bookings with issued tickets, provided no existing traffic rights are infringed on for certain routes, are the following:
- Eliminating infant passengers.
- Eliminating the entire booking.
- Separating passengers (SPLIT).
- Modification of flight segments (with new fares applied to the booking).
- Modification of contact information on the booking.
- Adding/eliminating comments on the booking.
Modifications to bookings allowed by the company are:
Changes to the name at the booking level are not allowed as stipulated in company policy. The only option is to cancel the existing booking and create a new one subject to availability at that time.
Spaces can not be blocked for fictitious passengers to ensure certain fares for sale.No modifications can be made to unissued bookings made by travel agencies or other airlines.
There are certain reservations that, despite being generated on a separate basis, correspond to passengers who are traveling together. This may result from a passenger´s own request, different types of fares, etc.
In case of CHD fares, the reservation class may be different from that of the adult´s. Consequently, two reservations need to be generated and associated so that they may be recognized as a family when checking seat assignment.
If the system does not provide an automatic option, or the reservation is already created, the link between bookings must be done through a OSI with the record locator of the other reservation.
- To issue, Travel Agents must always use their system`s automatic pricing.
- Only 1 nominal ticket can be issued for each passenger.
- It is mandatory to issue the tickets in the order they will be used in accordance with current IATA regulations; it is required for the passenger to fly each and every one of the coupons on a given ticket in the order they are issued. For exceptions due to legal provisions for the use of voluntary no show segments see Ticket Modifications.
- Totally unused tickets - 12 months from trip commencement date. For exceptions due to Covid-19, tickets purchased until August 31, 2020 with original trip start between March 01, 2020 and December 31, 2020, the change can be made until December 31, 2023 depending on the availability of the system.
- Partially used tickets - According to the maximum stay allowed by the fare.
- Passengers with age between 12 and 15 years, departing from the United Kingdom are exempted from the GB tax (APD Air Passenger Duty).
- This tax must be excluded upon the issuance of the ticket. This applies regardless the issuing country and only for passengers traveling in the Economy Cabin.
- The passenger´s age must be entered in the reservation process through SSR DOCS since this information will be audited.
- Passengers who meet these requirements and have a ticket issued with GB tax, must be redirected to LATAM in order to request the correspondent refund.
- For issuance of business deals from travel agencies, the business code number or Tour Code must be included.
Documents can only be issued on LATAM Ticket Stock for LATAM flights or marketing and operating Airlines with which they currently have a MITA or BITA agreement. The LATAM holding companies maintain different interline e-ticketing (IET) agreements, which must be verified directly in the system before any issuance.
8.1 General Ticketing Standards
Validity of the tickets:
The currency in which the international fares are published will be the one established in the country of origin of the trip. Eg: international fares in Chile are published in dollars, domestic fares are published in CLP. The currency of issue will be that used in the country of purchase.
The issuance of 100% offline itineraries on LATAM ticket stock (itineraries with flight codes of other companies and absence of LATAM marketing flights) is not allowed. All issuance is in accordance with the provisions of resolution 852, where it is established that the issuance plate to be used will be that of one of the participating transporters of the itinerary or its GSA.
Offline tickets not in compliance with the provisions mentioned would be subject to ADM.
With regard to resolution 890 of IATA regarding the customer card sales rules that travel agencies must follow regarding the use of customer credit cards as amended, LATAM Airlines Group (“LATAM”) wishes to communicate that in accordance with LATAM applicable reservation policy and Clause 3.4 of said resolution (Customer Card Acceptance), the travel agency that wishes to use its own cards to issue tickets, using the commercial contract of the airline, prior to its use must request and obtain the express written consent of LATAM. For TIP (Transparency in Payments) markets, the request must be made through BSP Link. For more details consult the ADM Policy
Passengers who need to prove that they flew with LATAM can obtain a flight certificate through de Help Center/Online Services of latamairlines.com.
8.2 GB Tax exemption for passengers between 12 and 15 years old departing from United Kingdom.
Check-in can be done from 48 hours up to 60 minutes before the flight for domestic airports and 75 minutes before flight for international airports and it must be done through latamairlines.com or the App Mobile.
Check in will be automatic for passengers with reservations migrated to the new digital experience for countries with this active functionality. More information at www.latamairlines.com> Check-in> Discover the new Automatic Check-in.
Some special services do not allow the issuance of the boarding pass and / or need to be revised at the time of check-in.
9.1 PRESENTATION TIME AT THE AIRPORT
The presentation time in high and low season is reflected in the boarding pass that is delivered when the check-in is done (through latamairlines.com or Mobile).
At a general level, when the passenger still does not have a boarding pass, the airport presentation can be recommended according to what is indicated in the following link of latamairlines.com
When the system detects a possible fake name in an unissued reservation (for example: Mouse/Mickey, Potter/Harry, Test/Andres, etc.), it will mark the reservation with one of the following remarks:
H- FRAUD FAKE NAME CALIDRIS
H- PNR WILL BE PARTIALLY CNL DUE INVALID NAME
H- FAKE NAME QUEUED
H- PLS ADV TKT NBR BEFORE XXAPR15 2355 CCP LT OR AUTO CNL
Subsequently, the entire PNR itinerary will be canceled.
If the cancellation is not applicable (i.e. if it is actually the client's real name), the travel agent must contact the GSS to request the exclusion of the PNR from this automatic cancellation process due to an INVALID NAME.
Once the reservation is excluded from the process, the travel agent may resume the original itinerary or provide an alternative if it is no longer available.
The NDC by LATAM portal currently offers options for OW (one way) and RT (round trip) issuance for the same route (origin and destination). The purchase receipt will be automatically sent to the email of the issuing agent after issuance. Offline and codeshare flight options are available on the portal and can be found on the list of flight options.
It is possible to make emissions with private fares on the NDC portal using the "Account Code" field on the homepage after completing the origin/destination and date information. It is not possible to manually manipulate the inclusion/exclusion of the DU fee on the NDC portal, as the fee will be automatically applied according to the OAC.
If an order is issued without ADT, it will not be possible to issue INF/CHD. In this case, we kindly ask that you contact our specialists through our preferred customer service channel: the chat available here on LATAM Trade (in addition to our usual service channels) to include/issue INF or CHD.